Hi, I'm new here.
I am asking for help to have Gajim+OMEMO in my Operating System.
My Operating System is GNU+Linux Trisquel 8. It is based on Ubuntu
16.04. My Gajim version is 0.16.5.
In Gajim > Edit > Plugins, I go to the "Available" tab, I install the
OMEMO plugin, then I go to the "Installed" tab but it does not let me
activate the OMEMO checkbox I see.
Apparently, I should upgrade Gajim to a newer version. So I followed the
instructions at https://gajim.org/downloads.php?lang=en#ubuntu
But this is what I get -please let me know if you have any suggestion to
solve it, thank you!:
~$ sudo apt install gajim-nightly
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or
been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gajim-nightly : Depends: python3-precis-i18n but it is not installable
Depends: gir1.2-gtk-3.0 (>= 3.22) but 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3
is to be installed
Recommends: python3-crypto but it is not going to be
installed
Recommends: python3-gnupg (>= 0.3.8) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.