Hi,
I'm a somewhat novice Python hacker (though not a programming newbie).
I'm trying to embed the backend of Gajim into a console-based
application and I'm having some trouble sorting out the module
dependencies.
I was wondering if there was a Gajim-based version of instructions
like these http://randomthoughts.vandorp.ca/archives/2005/01/12/jabber-quickie/
- a few lines to get me connected to my server and sending a message.
I'm pretty sure I can do everything else from there (I actually plan
on using the PEP and PubSub XEPs).
For example, I can get as far as
import common.i18n
import common.configpaths
common.configpaths.gajimpaths.init()
common.configpaths.gajimpaths.init_profile()
import common.gajim
from common import connection
if __name__ == "__main__":
con = connection.Connection("accountname")
# followed by auth etc.
but I appear to be going down a rabbit hole of imports (IdleQueue is next).
Are there any docs I've missed or otherwise help I can get?
Phil Wilson
Hi!
The attached patch adds support for the Kerberos (GSSAPI) SASL
authentication mechanism in gajim. It's been tested against jabberd2 but
should work fine with other servers as well.
Is ./src/common/xmpp/auth.py still used and should I patch that as well?
Only ./src/common/xmpp/auth_nb.py seems to be executed at the moment.
Cheers,
Jelmer
--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer(a)samba.org> - http://samba.org/~jelmer/
Jabber: jelmer(a)jabber.fsfe.org
Hi,
I'm a somewhat novice Python hacker (though not a programming newbie).
I'm trying to embed the backend of Gajim into a console-based
application and I'm having some trouble sorting out the module
dependencies.
I was wondering if there was a Gajim-based version of instructions
like these http://randomthoughts.vandorp.ca/archives/2005/01/12/jabber-quickie/
- a few lines to get me connected to my server and sending a message.
I'm pretty sure I can do everything else from there (I actually plan
on using the PEP and PubSub XEPs).
For example, I can get as far as
import common.i18n
import common.configpaths
common.configpaths.gajimpaths.init()
common.configpaths.gajimpaths.init_profile()
import common.gajim
from common import connection
if __name__ == "__main__":
con = connection.Connection("accountname")
# followed by auth etc.
but I appear to be going down a rabbit hole of imports (IdleQueue is next).
Are there any docs I've missed or otherwise help I can get?
Phil Wilson
p.s. sorry to the list mod for sending multiple copies of this by mistake!