Hello, Yann.
> Hi Aleksey,
>
> Thanks for your patches! Let me repli in your mail.
>
> On 04/23/2012 08:03 PM, Aleksey Rybalkin wrote:
>> First is about fixing closing/reordering of stacking old-school popup
>> notifications. Rationale: I prefer to use big 'notification_timeout', so
>> popups are stacking up and when I close one which is not the bottom one
>> I
>> expect it close (not the bottom one) and not to have empty space in
>> place
>> of popup I am closing. That was old buggy behavior. Now we save index
>> for
>> each popup window and close popups based on that. Also we re-index
>> popups
>> while reordering them on screen.
>
> Perfect, I'll include that as soon as I'll test it, but it sounds perfect.
>
Thanks for applying the patch. I also discovered we now need to correct
list size checking to prevent popping out-of-bounds index. This small
patch is in attachment. I used `hg export [revision]` this time to
preserve the commit message.
>> Second is about adding new configuration option
>> 'show_popup_for_all_unread'. Rationale: I prefer to receive popup
>> notifications even after I opened the chat window after receiving the
>> first message. That is because I use tiling window manager and no panel
>> and don't have systray, so some chat window can be open on desktop 5
>> while
>> I am working on e.g. desktop 2 and I will not know that I received new
>> message in that chat.
>
> For this one, you can already do that (and much more) with the triggers
> plugin, so I don't think I'll include it ... But don't hesitate to tell
> me if triggers plugin don't fit your needs!
>
Triggers plugin worked like a charm. Thanks!
>> FYI: I based my fixes on current hg master branch and used `hg diff -c
>> [revision]` to produce .diff files. If merging from forked repository is
>> preferable I can create one on bitbucket for example. Also I suppose new
>> configuration option may have more appropriate name. Any suggestions
>> will
>> be appreciated. If there are style errors I am ready to fix them too.
>
> It's ok to send patch files, no need of a forked repository. You can
> also open tickets with the patch files attached if you want.
>
> Thanks a lot for your contribution, and don't hesitate if you want to
> help us!
>
> --
> Yann
>
--
Aleksey Rybalkin
rybalkin.org
Good day everyone.
Attached to this message are two patches I made today.
First is about fixing closing/reordering of stacking old-school popup
notifications. Rationale: I prefer to use big 'notification_timeout', so
popups are stacking up and when I close one which is not the bottom one I
expect it close (not the bottom one) and not to have empty space in place
of popup I am closing. That was old buggy behavior. Now we save index for
each popup window and close popups based on that. Also we re-index popups
while reordering them on screen.
Second is about adding new configuration option
'show_popup_for_all_unread'. Rationale: I prefer to receive popup
notifications even after I opened the chat window after receiving the
first message. That is because I use tiling window manager and no panel
and don't have systray, so some chat window can be open on desktop 5 while
I am working on e.g. desktop 2 and I will not know that I received new
message in that chat.
I should also say that this is my first ever attempt to contribute to
known open source project, so if I made mistakes I apologize and ready to
fix them.
FYI: I based my fixes on current hg master branch and used `hg diff -c
[revision]` to produce .diff files. If merging from forked repository is
preferable I can create one on bitbucket for example. Also I suppose new
configuration option may have more appropriate name. Any suggestions will
be appreciated. If there are style errors I am ready to fix them too.
Thank you for your work on Gajim.
--
Aleksey Rybalkin
rybalkin.org
Hi!
I'm using Gajim 0.14.4 on Ubuntu oneiric and I install gajim from
launchpad's repo at https://launchpad.net/~gajim/+archive/gajim-ppa
When I try to create any account I get this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/gajim/src/config.py", line 3613, in
on_forward_button_clicked
self.save_account(username, server, savepass, password)
File "/usr/share/gajim/src/config.py", line 3896, in save_account
con = connection.Connection(self.account)
File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/connection.py", line 688, in __init__
self.password = passwords.get_password(name)
File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/passwords.py", line 220, in get_password
return get_storage().get_password(account_name)
File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/passwords.py", line 80, in get_password
self.save_password(account_name, password, update=False)
File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/passwords.py", line 130, in
save_password
display_name, attributes1, password, update)
IOError
Thank you for your hard work guys!
--
Best regards,
Dmitry Korzhevin
Tel: +38 (039) 295-0000
Office Phone: +38 (044) 383-14-12
E-mail: dkorzhevin(a)lsupport.net
Jabber ID: dkorzhevin(a)lsupport.net
Skype: dkorzhevin
URL: http://lsupport.net
Linux Support LLC