Please anwer to the ML.
Le 19/09/2016 à 15:37, growl(a)airmail.cc a écrit :
> On 2016-09-19 12:45, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
>> You are considered as SPAM because your IP is blacklisted:
>>
>> IP XX.XX.XX.XX blacklisted by list.blogspambl.com [2], all.s5h.net
>> [2], dnsbl.tornevall.org [163]
>
> It is 2016, you really do not need to blacklist IPs, there are other
> options to fight spam - at least captchas (which is already
> implemented) and manual verification.
I think I have a bit more experience than you on the spam on this
tracker. I'd love to remove all that anti-spam things that makes me
loose a lot of time because of stupid guys, really !
> 1/ Yes, for your contacts to know which feature your client support,
>> we send the identity of the client. see XEP-0115 [0].
>
> Would the consequences of turning this "features sending" off be
> harmful for conversations?
Yes. see 4/
>
>> 3/ I don't really understand what you mean. Log encrypted messages is
>> used by Gajim to locally log (write to db) your chat when it is
>> encrypted by GPG or E2E.
>
> I meant that I turned it off and then after some time it shows as on.
> Considering other thing that happened when ft_send_local_ips
> selectively being turned on, I found it strange. Like maybe some other
> options or actions turn this options on?
Nothing turns on this option on except advanced configuration editor. It
is on by default when you create a new account. And it's not linked at
all with the ft_Send_local_ip option.
>
>> So your paranoid mode also means a client with very few features
>
> I think it would be the core features everybody who prefer more
> privacy wants, like messaging, encryption, offline sending, maybe file
> transfer. Would "paranoid mode" break those things?
Yes it would. Gajim don't allow you to send a file to a contact if it
doesn't support it. And use only the FT protocols that are supported by
your contact's client (there are several). So not announcing we support
that means no FT at all. Same thing for encryption and many many other
things.
>
>> Gajim also asks for a few things to
>> server on connection to know if it support some features, and just
>> asking that in the particular order Gajim asks is enough for the
>> server to know you use Gajim.
>
> Well, first great step would be if just other clients, not server, get
> no more information than needed.
>
Once again, Gajim build stanza in a certain order, send errors in some
format, etc. So I'm quite sure it's not hard to identify Gajim with just
sending a few stanza and see how it replies.
Hello,
Current Gajim has predefined list of proxies for file transfer:
* proxy.eu.jabber.org
* proxy.jabber.ru
* proxy.jabbim.cz
There're problems with them
* proxy.eu.jabber.org: it seems eu.jabber.org is dead
Response for the request from jabber.ru server:
<iq to="proxy.eu.jabber.org" type="get">
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/bytestreams" />
</iq>
<iq from='proxy.eu.jabber.org' to='***(a)jabber.ru/Gajim' type='error'
xml:lang='en'> <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/bytestreams'/>
<error code='404' type='cancel'>
<remote-server-not-found
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/> </error>
</iq>
* proxy.jabber.ru: works only for local users, so users from other
XMPP servers can't use this proxy
Response for the same request made from my own XMPP server:
<iq to="proxy.jabber.ru" type="get">
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/bytestreams" />
</iq>
<iq from='proxy.jabber.ru' to='xxx(a)yyy.com/Gajim' type='error'>
<query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/bytestreams'/>
<error code='403' type='auth'>
<forbidden xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/>
</error>
</iq>
I asked guys from support(a)conference.jabber.ru and they confirmed
that the proxy works only for the local users.
* proxy.jabbim.cz: the only minor problem with this proxy is that its
jabber server can't connect to any XMPP servers with strong and modern
TLS settings used for the s2s connection. By this I mean the server
configuration as described at
https://blog.process-one.net/securing-ejabberd-with-tls-encryption/
(see recommended settings).
I think proxy.eu.jabber.org and proxy.jabber.ru should be removed from
the list. Some proxy with strong TLS settings should be added, so it
will be useful for users using such servers.
The other problem is silence of Gajim. It doesn't report that all
proxies are not available, though Use file transfer proxies setting is
set to Yes. There should be some way to notify the user about it.
--
Regards,
Anatoly
Could not create ticket (registered, confirmed my e-mail, solved 2
captchas and still considered as spammer, wtf? I'm just using Tor), so i
try to post here:
= problem =
Gajim 0.6.15 sends more info than needed for privacy-oriented users.
= analysis =
1. If I turn off all options that sends info about os and client, Gajim
does send info about itself, it is seen in XML console, like:
... node='http://gajim.org' ver='blah-blah-blah' hash='sha-1'/>
<identity category="client" type="pc" name="Gajim" />
...type="get" id="Gajim_big-id-number">
And maybe more. Those values above is hard-coded in
connection_handlers.py as I can see, so there is no easy way to change
it.
2. I have 3 accounts with the same account options. But eventually I
find from advanced options editor that one has ft_send_local_ips set to
True. If I understand it correctly, this enables sending local ip
address, and that is pretty terrible news :( And there is no way in GUI
to control it, or I didn't find such option.
3. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but one day I found that "Log
encrypted messages" option is turned on. Maybe I miss-clicked it
somehow, but for me it is strange indeed, considering that hidden
ft_send_local_ips option enabled for just one account.
4. So I assume that there are other "leaks" that sends info that has
nothing or little to do with functionality.
= enhancement recommendation =
It will be great if Gajim will have '''one''' option, maybe hidden, per
account like "paranoid_mode", so I am sure that there are no such leaks
in any way.
Thanks.
Does any Gajim settings need to be adjusted to make it automatically ping the server and restore active status after the server went down and back up?
I am working with Ignite OpenFire XMPP server over the standard ports if it matters.
Thanks
Alex
How does one activate the Image plugin?
I tried pasting the "small" images but it does not work.
Both sides have it installed.
The plugin documentation page does not mention anything about how to use it.
Thanks
Alex
-----Original Message-----
From: Gajim-devel [mailto:gajim-devel-bounces@gajim.org] On Behalf Of Sam Whited
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 11:32 AM
To: Nicholas Brown
Cc: gajim-devel(a)gajim.org
Subject: Re: [Gajim-devel] XEP-0375: XMPP Compliance Suites 2016
On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Nicholas Brown <nickbroon(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> How compliant with XEP-0375 is gajim?
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0375.html
Note that I'm still working on these suites and they're about to change drastically.
--
Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3
https://blog.samwhited.com
_______________________________________________
Gajim-devel mailing list
Gajim-devel(a)gajim.org
https://lists.gajim.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/gajim-devel