Hi.
I've created page at wiki dedicated to plug-in system:
http://trac.gajim.org/wiki/PluginSystem
Currently there are notes gathered to make better application for
GSoC2008. Probably it will later transform to infos about current
implementation status.
At the moment there are links, some thoughts on refactoring events
handling and list of example plug-ins. I'll update it on daily basis.
Any comments/suggestions appreciated. Also if you want to edit that
page or complete it go ahead.
--
Regards -- Mateusz Biliński
Hi.
I followed Asterix's advice regarding implementing whiteboard in Gajim
and GSoC2008 and started a discussion at XMPP Standards list:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2008-March/018084.html
As I summarized in my post (which was later developed by others):
there are many implementations out there but they are not
interoperable. The closest to current XSF movements in standarization
of XML shared editing is Psi whiteboard by Joonas Govenius. AFAIK it
implements most of the specification in this doc:
http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sxe.html
So the question now is whether to apply for GSoC2008 with this
project. I think this would be really valuable for Gajim community but
I did not get any direct answers neither regarding 'the best way' of
implementing whiteboard nor chances of this project to be accepted for
GSoC2008.
Asterix said mentioned 3 other proposals on MUC
(http://www.gajim.org/room_logs/2008/2/28.html):
* test framework: some sort of automated tests to test features in
Gajim to avoid regressions
* plugin system
* BOSH thing
I'll write my point of view of test framework and plugins system,
because I think these would be also valuable for Gajim itself and I'd
could apply for them in upcoming GSoC2008.
I'll be glad for any comments regarding whiteboarding (and also Gajim
projects for GSoC2008 in general).
--
Regards -- Mateusz Biliński