[Gajim-devel] whiteboard standardization

Michael Jurke jurke at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 22 10:03:08 CET 2010

On 22.03.2010 09:53, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
> Le 22/03/2010 09:45, Michael Jurke a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I read that Gajim offers or may offer a whiteboard that originally was
>> based on a standard proposal for whiteboarding
>> (http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sxe.html). I want to ask how close it
>> is still to this protoXEP. Can I find a specification?
>> As part of my thesis I implement a simple whiteboard and I would like to
>> make it compatible with psi or gajim if there is some prototype for
>> standardization.
>> Thanks a lot!
>> Michael Jurke
>
> There is no official standards, it's still discussed, but the most
> used proto-XEP can be found here:
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sxde.html
>
> our whiteboard branch is not active currently, but last time I tested
> it worked.

Thanks for your fast response!!
As mentioned I'm aware of the standard proposals on jabbers website. Are
your sure gajim is based on SXDE
http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sxde.html??? It is outdated and gajim
first approach was based on it's follower SXE
http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sxe.html at least when I read the
mailing archive
(http://www.lagaule.org/pipermail/gajim-devel/2008-March/000356.html).
But how is it now? Any ideas or roadmaps? Or does it fully support SXE -
verbose and with not well handled session-negotiation?

Regards,
Michael Jurke